Welcome to the WPtuts+ WordPress 101 tutorial series. This video will walk you through how to insert video into posts and pages in WordPress. This is a great video for those just getting started with WordPress, and can also be helpful for advanced users that want to offer some help to their clients. Join us and begin effectively managing your sites content today. This is Part 7 of our in depth WordPress training series provided by WP101.
The Video Tutorial
In this video we are going to take a look at inserting video into posts and pages in WordPress, which will help with managing your media based content. Enjoy.
About the WP101 Series…
Just about anyone working with WP, from rookies to seasoned veterans should find some serious value here…
This is an exclusive series that we’re assembling in collaboration with the super talented Shawn Hesketh and WP101.com. It’s part of our “Basix” series for anyone brand new to the platform, but just about anyone working with WP, from rookies to seasoned veterans should find some serious value here:
- Experienced designers, developers, and agencies can send your clients to this series for basic training.
- Theme and Plugin developers can include links to these videos in your own documentation.
- Anyone brand new to WordPress can check out these videos before starting the rest of our “Basix” tutorials.
We’ll eventually have just about 20 posts in all, which means that when we’re done, you’ll have a great place to send clients or review all of the basic bits and pieces of WordPress. We’ll likely be releasing two of these each weekend to help spread them out a bit, so check back each weekend for the next segment!
The Rest of the Series…
We’ll be updating these videos with each major release of WordPress so the videos don’t go stale when you’re trying to teach (or learn!) any of the brand new features. Here’s the lineup on deck for the next two months:
- Part 1: The Dashboard
- Part 2: Creating a New Post
- Part 3: Edit an Existing Post
- Part 4: Using Categories and Tags
- Part 5: Creating and Editing Pages
- Part 6: Add Photos and Images
- Part 7: How to Embed Video
- Part 8: Using the Media Library
- Part 9: Managing Comments
- Part 10: How to Create a Link
- Part 11: Changing the Theme
- Part 12: Adding Widgets
- Part 13: Building Custom Menus
- Part 14: Installing Plugins
- Part 15: Adding New Users
- Part 16: Useful Tools
- Part 17: Configuration Settings
Can’t wait for the rest of the series? You can grab the entire set directly from WP101.com (there’s a variety of licensing options). For everyone else, we hope you’ll join us each weekend.
Oh, and if you’re excited about this new resource, be sure to give Shawn a shout in the comments section.